Thanks to our customers for taking the time to tell their story about how they are using the Vicinity Software product.
Below are a few customer stories shared by chemical manufacturers, food processors and brewers. If interested in learning more, please contact us for a demo and further conversation.
VicinityChem: comprehensive process manufacturing ERP software system designed for chemical manufacturers
- Engineered Custom Coatings: Engineered Custom Coatings (ECC) is a holding company for several small- to medium-sized industrial customers that make paints, finishes, coatings, and other industrial goods. ECC has grown as a company after several acquisitions, and it began using VicinityChem software in 2013. When ECC first implemented the VicinityChem software, it was only using about 30% of the software capability. Read more here.
- Solomon Colors: Solomon Colors is a family- and employee-owned and operated global leader in architectural concrete products. In business for over 90 years, it manufactures and distributes anything, and everything related to concrete – from colors to fibers, to polishes, to stamps. Solomon Colors has grown with its many acquisitions to meet the innovative demands of the market and has production facilities in IL, CA and MD and inventory warehouse spaces across the U.S. Solomon Colors has been a customer of VicinityChem since 2014. Continue reading here.
- Crowley Chemical Company: Founded in 1920, Crowley Chemical manufactures and sells specialty aromatic oil blends that are used primarily as polyurethane extenders to reduce customers’ cost while maintaining the desired performance properties of their products. Crowley also has a long history of selling coal tar-derived products for use in a vast array of end markets, including roofing applications, oil field products, and refractories. What makes Crowley truly unique is their ability to supply customers with organic chemicals derived from both petroleum and coal tar, delivered from its multiple locations across the US. Learn more here.
VicinityFood: food ERP and MRP software system designed for food & bev manufacturers
- Mother Murphy’s Laboratories: For Mother Murphy’s Laboratories, the time for change had come. After years of running another process manufacturing application, the company found that its current system had not kept up with the technology needs of today’s process-based organizations. An upgrade was needed — one that would more tightly integrate production with accounting and provide employees the real-time information they needed to perform their jobs more effectively.
- Once the green light was given, Vicinity Software was up and running in under three months. The impact on day-to-day operations was immediate. Sales orders are now generated in Microsoft Dynamics, and batch tickets are entered into Vicinity. Vicinity automatically updates finished goods manufactured and the raw materials needed to produce them. Batch tickets are then posted to Dynamics, perfectly synchronizing accounting and production from materials purchasing to final project invoicing. Read all about it here.
- Classic Desserts: Classic Desserts is a premier dessert manufacturer based in the UK, supplying retail outlets and distributors with the finest frozen pastries, cakes, toffee puddings, and other tasty delights made with the highest quality ingredients. The innovative team is continually creating new products, with multiple components in each recipe, and tracks more than 1000 SKUs for ingredients and packaging.
- The company started using VicinityFood with its QuickBooks Online system. When it became clear that QuickBooks was limiting their growth, they made a smooth transition to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and realized even more value from the VicinityFood batch manufacturing system. Learn more here.
- Intelligent Blends/Maud’s Coffee & Tea: Intelligent Blends is a sustainable manufacturer of single-serve and bagged beverages, including coffees, teas, and functional beverages. Established in 2013 and based in San Diego, it produces certified recyclable K-Cups ®, compatible with Nespresso ® capsules, stick packs, biodegradable PLA tea sachets, and bagged and filtered coffee. In addition, Intelligent Blends is also a leader in research and development in formulating the latest and greatest beverage blends. Intelligent Blends onboarded VicinityFood software in late 2018 to help manage the production side of its business, easily integrating it into Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Prior to the VicinityFood software integration, Intelligent Blends had been using Excel to manage its thousands of formulas, which was challenging with so many work orders and so much growth. VicinityFood delivered a software solution that created more organized production. Read more here.
VicinityBrew: scalable brewery management software system made for brewers
- Lawsons’ Finest Liquids: Lawson’s Finest Liquids crafts and delivers the finest and freshest beer possible to delight their fans and cultivate healthy, vibrant communities. Starting in 2008 as a 1-barrel brewhouse alongside the Lawsons’ home, their delightful brews garnered local and regional attention, bringing a steady increase in sales. In 2011 they grew to a 7-barrel operation, and in 2018 they opened their new brewery, taproom, and retail store in Waitsfield, VT, and expanded to 50 employees.
- Lawson’s evaluated several batch processing ERP solutions before deciding on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. “The integration with VicinityBrew was one of our big driving factors to choose Business Central. Read all about it here.
- Highland Brewing: Highland Brewing is a regional brewery whose craft beers are distributed in North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee and Georgia. Founded in 1994, it’s the largest independent, family-owned, and operated brewery native to the Southeast. As Highland Brewing continued to grow, it started looking around for a software package that could be easily integrated into its accounting software, plus a more simplified way to store recipes and track raw material consumption and finished goods production. Highland Brewery found VicinityBrew 17 years ago and was VicinityBrew’s first brewing customer. Learn more.
- Allagash Brewing Company: Allagash Brewing Company is an award-winning, independent craft brewery based in Portland, ME. Founded in 1995, Allagash is proudly a Certified B corporation, and it brews Belgian-style wheat beer, as well as wild, sour, barrel-aged and spontaneously fermented beers. Its core beers are distributed in 18 states and DC, and team members are based in Maine, with a sales force spread across the U.S. Allagash has been a customer of VicinityBrew since 2013 and uses Microsoft Dynamics GP. Find out more here.
Reach out for any questions or to learn more about Vicinity Software and how it can help your organization. Contact us today.